[CQ-Contest] Re: Is the contest over

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Is the contest over
From: n4gi@juno.com (Blake M Meinecke)
Date: Fri Jul 3 13:20:56 1998
K4OJ wrote:

<encouraging newcomers to do a lousy job and then just clean it up>
<before you send it in and all is well and that we are instead
encouraging>
<mediocrity....this is CONTESTING!>

I am newcomer, and to be honest, I never even thought of this recording
idea untill it was brought up on this reflector!  I've  learned all kinds
of things on here, but this is a BAD idea.  For the time being, I will
sacrifice my Q rate for real time logging accuracy, but eventually I
won't have to...   :-)

I hope other newcomers on here don't actually inplement  this method!
After all, we're just contesting to have fun!

CUL,
Blake, N4GI  (ex KU4HZ and KF4EJU)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]