[CQ-Contest] Sending calls

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sending calls
From: ik2ncj@inc.it (Aliprandi Luca)
Date: Sat Jul 18 20:46:17 1998
Hi folks,
the secret of a good op. is "do the right thing in the right moment"
including band changing and pile up running.
I use to operate from Italy that is NOT a rare mult in contest.
When it happens to have 3 or 4 stations calling in the same time you can
come back at only one, of course.
So you do the QSO and you say again QRZ? and nobody replies!!!
And you did the contact in the fastest way you can!
So why the others did change from you frequency without giving you another
shout?
Because to them it looks like a wasting of time to stand-by during a qso.
Can you imagine if I have to say "wiskey bravo seven november juliet x-ray"
(it is just an example) how many QSO I am losing?
This is not good for my score!
Not only the station running a Pile-up wants to save time but who 's going
to answer, even.
So why I have to do QSO in the slowest way if I know a fastest one?
It makes everybody happy!
I agree with K5MM - Dale when he says:"Good sense and good judgement will
provide
the needed guidance".
That's what shows who is a good op and who's a great op!
CU in test!

Aliprandi Luca

IK2NCJ (contest op. at IQ4A - CW&SSB)
Marconi Contest Club- MC2- member