[CQ-Contest] State QSO parties

Subject: [CQ-Contest] State QSO parties
From: drkstar7@gte.net (Mark)
Date: Wed Jul 15 04:29:59 1998
With regard to the combining of state QSO parties - I think it is a good
idea in some cases.  For instance, I think that the entire Northwest
Division should probably have their respective states' QSO parties at
the same time.  I don't think that any one of the states in that
division have large participation in their contests - I know that
Washington certainly doesn't.  States like California and Texas have a
large enough ham population such that they could probably remain on
their own.  Another thought might be combining states, one from each of
the ten call areas (or geographic regions) and make it sort of a
"mini-SS" - that could be done 4 or 5 times a year.

Mark McLauchlin  KN7T