[CQ-Contest] INNOVATIVE IDEA

Subject: [CQ-Contest] INNOVATIVE IDEA
From: S56A@S55TCP.ampr.org (Marijan Miletic)
Date: Mon Aug 3 06:49:50 1998
I fully support N6TJ altruistic idea for CQ WW scoring IMPROVEMENT!

Recently I went thru the open process of defining the rules (and scoring) of
the new (Aug. 30-31) Slovenian Contest Club RTTY Championship starting with
1 point for own country, 3 for outside continenent and 2 for the rest.
I was flooded by USA Internet messages asking for 2 points for QSO outside
their own callarea comparing it with densly populated EU distances.

Final rules give 2 points for QSO between different W, VE, VK, JA, PY, ZS call
areas, LU provinces and Russian Siberia (UA9/0) oblasts (the largest area).

I strongly feel that QSO distance should be somehow awarded even on HF :-)

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU.