[CQ-Contest] Re: NAQP Power

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: NAQP Power
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com (PaulKB8N@aol.com)
Date: Sat Aug 15 17:02:17 1998

<< Al - You are forgetting about the effect of AGC. I presume most, if
 not all, of us use the AGC almost all the time. Since this pretty
 much equalizes the audio level of what we hear, the small power
 differences shouldn't make a difference.
 73 Barry >>
Barry,

I don't know if you saw my previous post on this, AGC does NOT equalize
signals, AGC blocking occurs at the highest level signal.  A 100W and a 150W
signal with all other factors being equal, the 150W signal will block and
"seize" the AGC virtually every time.  I guarantee you, if you put two signals
into the same bandpass with AGC on, the 150W signal will win every time.

It may be possible that through a combination of luck and timing, the 100W
signal may be copied some of the time.  I will buy an amp to equalize my
chances, though.

Paul, KB8N