[CQ-Contest] The best computer-control (and implementing it in the TS-93

Subject: [CQ-Contest] The best computer-control (and implementing it in the TS-930!)
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon Nov 9 15:02:00 1998
The other day a guy posted a message on the Kenwood reflector announcing
that he had cloned the microprocessor board for the TS-930.  At the time,
it was a counter-measure to Kenwood's being out of production, but while he
was at it, he souped it up with a lot of features including a bigger
processor, 3 tuning rates, etc., plus --- a SERIAL PORT.  He says it's
built now, a plug-and-play replacement, and almost ready for serial
production.

He's now figuring out what radio's communications protocol he should
emulate on the new board.  I suggested he talk to N6TR, who has slaved over
communications with most every radio, but in the meantime I thought I'd
mention it here.  I have no idea about the guy's credentials are, though he
sounds credible, but the idea of an add-on for my beloved TS-930 that would
remedy its one shortcoming for ~$200 (his estimate) has me really stoked.

If you could emulate one radio's remote capabilities for contesting, what
would it be?

73,  Pete Smith N4ZR
Loud is good -- go PVRC!