[CQ-Contest] CW speed

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CW speed
From: 107770.3462@compuserve.com (James P. Cassidy)
Date: Tue Nov 17 23:55:26 1998
Almost all of the suggstions have been very good as far as making QSOs witm
faster sending stations.

My suggestion is practice with you computer logging program before the
contest.  Almost all of them have a practice or simulator mode.  Or you
could use the PED pileup program.  I have used TR Log simulator and PED as
a means of picking up CW speed as well as familiarity with your logging
program.  At first I even tried the simulator while watching TV(No sound)
after a while I could switch attention between the 2 and the computer
keystrokes became second nature.  The PED program has multiple stations
calling which is also good training to pick out calls from a pileup. I
recently began trying TR Sim with some sounds coming from the radio to act
as QRM on freq.
The nice thing about the simulators is you can do a contest whenever you
feel like it.
73 Jim KI7Y