[CQ-Contest] Re: [DXR] QSL Cards (blanks) & Labels

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: [DXR] QSL Cards (blanks) & Labels
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sat Nov 14 11:09:27 1998
At 03:33 PM 11/13/98 -0800, Dan Violette - KI6X wrote:

>So the two questions are:
>
>1.  How to keep stacks of labelled cards from being 'lopsided'

I just alternate every so often and stack them face down for a while so it
evens out.

>2.  Methods to print directly onto card (using inkjet/laser printer)

I use DX4WIN as my main logging program.  It has a very configurable label
printing facility.  I use uncut sheets with 4 QSLs per sheet, an HP laser,
and tell the program to print the data in the right places on each QSL.
The poor thing doesn't know any better and thinks it's doing labels, but it
costs much less and I don't have to stick 'em on.  I take them back to the
printer to be cut once I have run them through the laser.  The biggest pain
then is stacking in proper country order!

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

"That's WEST Virginia.  Thanks and 73"