[CQ-Contest] K5MM - Silent Key

Subject: [CQ-Contest] K5MM - Silent Key
From: JBaumgarte@aol.com (JBaumgarte@aol.com)
Date: Mon Dec 21 12:29:32 1998
Really sad to hear about our old friend, Dale Jones.

Gator was correct, Dale's call in CA was W6GEN--that's the time I got to know
him.  He was there working for General Dynamics as an RF Design engineer for
guided missel work.  I met him through a life-long friend of mine from Duluth
who went to GD, also.  My pal said he often got QSL's from exotic locations
with only a fuzzy recollection of working the guy!  It seems Dale had so much
fun getting the good ones, he often threw in a few extra calls just for good
measure.

Had a nice chat with him during the last phone SS (I think)--he was QRP, but
that great radio voice came through beautifully.

I always thought, as a cw op, he rated right up there with the very best.

John, N0IJ
Duluth, MN