[CQ-Contest] Bandpass filtering

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Bandpass filtering
From: W4EF@pacbell.net (Michael Tope)
Date: Fri Feb 19 16:34:41 1999
Peter,

If you have QST, I think there have been some articles on
homebrewing TX capable bandpass filters. One article was
written quite some time ago by Lew Gordon, K4VX. Recently
I Ed Wetherhold, W3NQN has written up some designs that are
being used at the K3LR multi-multi (May/June 1998 QST).

As far as splitting beverages, there are two ways to go. The easiest
way is to buy a two-way power divider from mini-circuits or the
like. This will be okay if you can stand the 3.3 dB hit in noise
figure, or if you have a pre-amp ahead of the splitter. The other
more complicated method would be to design a diplex filter (two
bandpass filters with their inputs tied together). This would reduce
the loss down to something small like 0.5dB but would require a
little more work.

Hope this is helpful.