[CQ-Contest] Re: Bandpass Filtering

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Bandpass Filtering
From: cpidanci@nortelnetworks.com (Christian Pidancier)
Date: Fri Feb 19 14:36:32 1999
        High power through BP filter may be ok but SWR has to be maintain at
a low level (voltage or current may be infinite in case of infinite SWR...).

        I'm using SEMCO capacitors, number of pole is choosed to avoid extra
losses and heating of the filter parts (40dB is not useful in my station,
the antennas are away from each other).

        SEMCO web page is http://www.semco-usa.com/index.html

        The problem is the same for ferrite cores, I try to use air coils
(with 2mm OD silvered wires) as often as possible (on the lowest freq to).

        73 de F6HLC, Christian