[CQ-Contest] Re: Packet Dupes & Blown calls

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Packet Dupes & Blown calls
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Wed Mar 3 19:47:32 1999
In a message dated 3/3/99 7:13:23 PM Eastern Standard Time, geoiii@kkn.net
writes:

<<  We really did have them BEFORE packet spotting.  >>

Hi George,
the point was that this duping thing happend all of a sudden with pileup of
big guns making dupes. This is why suspect is packet with typoed call. The
point is that some operators don't bother checking what is really send, quite
often they just blindly accept what is served by packet. I had my share of
UBNs taken out of the log, because many people miscopied variations of my call
VE3BMV, VE3BMV/1, VX3BMV/1 (had to get VE1BY and VA1A, much better). And then
some stations would say QSO B4, when I did not work them. (Doubling up on freq
eith someone else).
        The point of the point is: lets be more carefull with copying the calls
and
make sure it is right. If not sure ask, better than suffering penalties.

Yuri K3BU, to be XJ1BY (put it in the master db)