[CQ-Contest] SS-LOG Super-Check

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS-LOG Super-Check
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, W4AN)
Date: Sat Mar 6 17:53:13 1999
> #1..........SS is not Sprint. I don't feel SS should be checked as
> hard as Sprint because of the tremendous amount of unique
> information that is exchanged in SS. Too many variables with QRM and
> fading that allows one dit to be lost which causes TWO QSOs
> lost. The penalty thing is ridiculous.

Totally disagree and I'm very surprised that someone of your experience and
talent would have this opinion.  The SS, in my estimation, can't be checked
too carefully.  I applaud the efforts of K5FUV and N6TR.  This is a far cry
from the last time I operated this event... when if you sent in your log in
digital format it got checked, if it wasn't, it did not.

The essence of SS is the correct passing and receiving of a long exchange.
If we aren't compelled to copy the exchange correctly, then why even have
it?

> #3..........The idea of checking so diligently is going to force the
> Top 10 stations to record the contest and edit it afterward.

I know all of the guys in this year's top 15.  I don't know one of
them that would stoop to such a low level.  I rather doubt accurate
log checking will do anything but force better logging.

Common Bill...  this log checking stuff is the best thing that has
happened to contesting.  You should be congratulating these guys for a
FB effort for a totally thankless job.

73

Bill Fisher

"May the best op win"  NOT "May the best claimed op win"

Bill Fisher, W4AN (EX KM9P)
http://www.contesting.com