[CQ-Contest] Sending the wrong exchange

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sending the wrong exchange
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: Sun Mar 7 09:52:32 1999

K5RC writes:

> I applaud the new checking criteria. It does, however beg another
> look at the penalty criterion. If a station's information is copied
> incorrectly in 10 logs, should not the sending station be penalized?
> Should there be a finite number of logs a call appears in before it
> is counted? Should mults be lost for copying errors? Just questions.

When someone develops a pattern of sending the wrong information,
it will be detected and not used against others.  In addition to
the 40 unstable calls identified for CW, I had to remove about six
logs from the cross check process because they had an established
pattern of sending incorrect QSO numbers.

In the Sprints, I would remove these from the sending log, but we
aren't quite to that point in the SS yet.  Perhaps next year.

Tree