[CQ-Contest] SS checking..

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS checking..
From: k9zm@frontiernet.net (Greg Gobleman)
Date: Sun Mar 7 13:14:18 1999
snip:

>If I read it right, a call has to show up in at least 4 logs or it gets
>bounced out.

So, since I haven't seriously worked a contest in a long time and I get on
to have some fun between Honey-do's  and work 20 or so and only 3 submit a
log, they get penalized because I didn't submit my log or I didn't work more
people?  I understand that we don't want somebody filling their logs with
uniques from a database but I have been known to get on and just work 5 or 6
stations in a 160m test because I moved and I used a 40m dipole and tuner
barefoot.  I guess if I am going to help these guys with a few Q's then I
also need to send in my log or I am really hurting them and it would be best
if I didn't get on at all?

I have no complaint with checking logs, I just wish the guys would use the
full exchange and keep cut numbers to a minimum.  My copy speed isn't the
best, but even with some of the stations sending +35 or 40 wpm I can get it
if I hear it a few times and it is in the order that I expect to hear it.

73
Greg K9ZM