[CQ-Contest] Log checking--report of collateral damage?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Log checking--report of collateral damage?
From: W2CE@prodigy.net (W2CE)
Date: Tue Mar 9 13:29:10 1999
> W2CE says:
>
> > This procedure and aggressiveness goes wrong in my eyes when I watch
> > many people, including ARRL officials, using packet and claiming SO.
>
> Facts, man, facts!?
>
> Stop keeping us in suspense...
>
> 73, J.P. W2XX

Plain and simple JP,

Just ask Billy Lunt for copies of the first 3 years SS packet violators
I sent him. They were even broken down into requesting section info,
making spots, appearing on frequency after spots, and spotting one's
self solicitations. I could watch my own SM begging for sections and
then announce his sweep, then submit as a SO, that's wrong.

SOA is strictly a classification to test an entrants honesty. My
compliments to K3WW and others that admit it. There are plenty of SO's
that need to stand up too.

To me a deliberate move to classify someone into a more advantages class
is wrong.

I recently moved and gave up a tower, beam and nice wires. Using only a
vertical I decided to enter as QRP and use my operating skills and
propagation studies. One of the best things I saw was that my division
competitors must have follwed the rules as well as I did as 1st, 2nd,
3rd place QRP scores were within 7 QSO's of each other. About as even a
field as one could imagine. NQ2RP took it that year and I'm only sorry I
didn't hear him again this year.

--

       73,  Bob Reed,  W2CE

 W2CE@prodigy.net   W2CE@aol.com    W2CE@juno.com    W2CE@arrl.net