[CQ-Contest] Apr wpx and busted q

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Apr wpx and busted q
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Wed May 5 12:15:10 1999

An April date for WPX CW is an interesting idea.  Probably better
propagation and no conflict with the Memorial Day weekend here in the
states.  I know for sure Memorial Day taps in to participation.  I also
believe that the Dayton HamVention hurts the WPX now that it is so close
to the WPX weekend.  Of course some of us die-hards are missing Dayton to
prepare for the WPX instead.  :)

However...  the best conditions I have ever experienced in contesting
was a WPX CW weekend in Hannibal Missouri.  15 meters was open around the
clock.  We have two REAL (tm) contests in the summer.  WPX and IARU.  Both
are excellent contests with noticably different propagation from the rest
of the year's events.  It may sound great to have every contest play out
just like CQWW CW...  but I welcome the change.  Good or bad.  Otherwise
the contests would sound more like PED than a contest.

73

Bill, W4AN