[CQ-Contest] SCP in practice

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SCP in practice
From: n5nj@att.net (n5nj@att.net)
Date: Wed May 12 21:12:11 1999
No personal slam taken, but your reaction indicates that
I could have stated my point more clearly.

My point is that anyone who uses SCP without confirming
the callsign with the station they are working is taking
a big chance.  I do not think it gives them any
advantage to accept what the computer tells them without
confirmation.  The time it takes to do this properly
takes away from operating time.

SCP augments the operators' memory of callsigns.  It
does not change their skill level.  If they have trouble
copying callsigns, they'll be no better at it, unless
they risk getting it wrong and accept what the SCP
function suggests without confirmation.

This feature does help the less knowledgable operator in
streamlining his operation.  Nonetheless, I still see no
reason to oppose this.  It's a tool and used to
advantage it may help increase an operator's enjoyment
of operating a contest.

To me, that's what it's all about.

73,
Bob N5NJ