R: [CQ-Contest] Highest ever rate ?

Subject: R: [CQ-Contest] Highest ever rate ?
From: k7zum@teleport.com (ken knopp)
Date: Tue Aug 3 08:08:52 1999
>> >The guys in the > Netherland's Antilles are hard to beat cause they get
3
>points for QSOs
>> with the US.  While the guys in Antigua (V26B, etc), only get 2 points.
>> P40 and V26 aren't that tremendously far apart.
>>
>> I guess when making divisions, someone is always at the dividing
>> line......Oh well... :-)
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Jon
>> KE9NA
>
>Just to set the record straight, you'll get no argument from us! We
>understand that unless all hell breaks loose on PJ, or they go M/S, no
>matter what we do we ain't gonna win.  And if we can also borrow some of
>their propagation we'd really be happy. I guess they say the same thing
>about HC8.
>
>73
>
>Doug W3CF // V26DX
>
>15m Op @ V26B

Gee you guys, whats all this fuss about winning ?? and 2 points vs 3 points
??  and highest rate's ???  and here my 13 and 14 yr old sons and i were
gonna go back to st. martien this year and operate the  c.q.w.w. phone again
as fs/k7zum, but we had a different ideal, we were actually going to go for
the rather foolish ideal of (heaven forbid !) having FUN !    you guys
suspose that maybe we must be missing something here ??? could  somebody
explain this to me and straighten me out !!

73... slightly confussed contest operator in Oregon !   ken  k7zum