[CQ-Contest] CAC Ruminations About ARRL DX Exchange

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CAC Ruminations About ARRL DX Exchange
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Thu Aug 26 13:01:35 1999

Gerry - Obviously, I disagree. As someone else stated, I am not
portable. I am at my fixed, permanent location. The FCC eliminated
call areas. There is no such thing any more. The number in your
call designates where you obtained your non-vanity call license.
Nothing more. Another example is your Social Security number.
The first 3 digits are coded for where you resided when it was
issued (little known fact, and the middle 2 numbers are coded for
when it was issued). You don't change that when you move either

Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com