[CQ-Contest] ARRL 10 Meter Not-In-Log

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL 10 Meter Not-In-Log
From: W2CE@aol.com (W2CE@aol.com)
Date: Mon Aug 9 11:31:32 1999

In a message dated 8/9/99 08:55:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jmellis@ihug.co.nz writes:

> >  I made 3 qso's on SSB and have them in my station log only. Looked at the
>  > ARRL rules and don't think this is a violation but it sure makes a
problem

>  > for the log checkers. Hope this helps. 73, Bert K2BA

People better get used to uniques and no log entries from very small
operations, especially in new tech plus operators on 10 meters. It's fun to
work a few contest stations but not being experienced or competitive they
often don't bother sending in logs.

I often tune around in contests and work a few friends on at the time but I
know that of the few I work all are going to send in logs so I will appear in
the database.  I don't send in logs except for Sweepstakes.

I wonder why though, with the correct exchange information in the log of
K1TTT that the computer did not find it and assess the error as a blown call
at K1TTT.

The SS checking software pulled forward the correct exchange to determine
busted calls rather than a NIL.

Then again Dave was well pushed in deadline as he said many weeks ago.

I still think that all the new log checking procedures should run as a test
and officially the following year.  At least there is time to overcome the
shock and time for the writers to debug the problems.