[CQ-Contest] CAC and New SS rules

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CAC and New SS rules
From: aa4lr@radio.org (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Fri Aug 13 10:30:30 1999
On 8/12/99 21:05, Ken Widelitz at widelitz@gte.net wrote:

>I have no objection to adding an assisted catagory, not that it interests me
>for SS. If it gets more guys on making more QSOs, that's great. But I see no
>point to adding new PREC for multi's and school stations.

I objected ealier to changing the precedence just for assisted operators.
Later I discovered that they also added a new precedence for
multi-operator and school stations.

I think these new precedences are good things now. Why? I have often
wondered myself in SS if certain stations were multioperator or not, so
the M precedence makes sense to me. As for school stations, the collegate
contest-within-a-contest has been gaining in popularity for some time,
and it behooves the contest sponsers to recognise them.

Another factor is that school stations won't be in the same category as
multioperator, so perhaps some students get a chance to compete against
other students, rather than against seasoned multi-ops.

I agree, that it is odd the CAC made these recommendations without a
posting to CQ-Contest. Then again, this mailing list isn't an official
channel.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
            -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales