[CQ-Contest] SS Checks

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS Checks
From: W2CE@aol.com (W2CE@aol.com)
Date: Wed Oct 13 11:41:51 1999

In a message dated 10/13/99 10:11:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
w9sz@prairienet.org writes:

>  As I see it, when it comes down to it, it is just a number that has to be
>  copied by the receiving end and entered correctly in the log.  I don't
>  think it matters which of the possibilities mentioned above are used, as
>  long as some number is sent.

>From a pratical point your are correct, it really doesn't matter as long as
that same number is always used.

To follow the rules however, your look to the first issuance of that license
to the club and there is your SS check. The same easy process as for your own
callsign. It does not get changed when you upgraded, moved to new call areas,
changed to a vanity callsign. It is the year a license was first issued to
you. As it is the year "first licensed" I would think even a person whos
license lapsed and came back into the hobby would use the year of his first
callsign.

I am trustee for W2SV first issued in 1930. Every member of the club asking
to use it for a contest or event knows that the callsign represents the club
and not an individual. They use the club data.

   73, Bob Reed, W2CE
  w2ce@aol.com      w2ce@juno.com     w2ce@arrl.net    w2ce@prodigy.net