[CQ-Contest] SS Checks

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS Checks
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (K4SB)
Date: Fri Oct 15 23:39:29 1999
Hans - K0HB wrote:
> In fact "how long you've been licensed" seems only to be of interest to
> the individual who has been licensed a long time, and has no particular
> meaning to anyone else.
>
> 73, de Hans, K0HB

I politely disagree. I like the "GL OT" I often get with my
check, and I take
a little extra time by sending a "GL" to those with mid to high
90s numbers.
If we don't encourage participation, things will start to
dwindle, and God knows they have "dwindled" enough. And though
they are fewer year by year, I like a check in the 30s or 40s.
That's a mark of respect to someone who's been around a long
time.

73
Ed