[CQ-Contest] 10m contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 10m contest
From: K4BAI@worldnet.att.net (John T. Laney, III)
Date: Tue Dec 14 17:34:03 1999
Hi Jeff:  Boy, you had a great signal here most of the weekend.  Unusual
conditions for 10 meters.  On the other hand, we had almost no loud
signals here from the W1/2/3/8 areas.  I'd always want you to tell me
about the bad signal.  I might not do something about it during the
contest (depending on just how bad it really was), but, if you don't
tell me, I'd likely sound the same lousy way the next contest.  I heard
the 6 you mentioned.  I am afraid I didn't tell him.  Last year, though,
there was a 6 with several spurious signals up and down the band and I
did tell him for sure.

I wonder if anyone else noticed a weak signal several khz higher than
the main signal of WP2Z this weekend?  I didn't tell him either as it
didn't really bother me, but I heard it every time I tuned past him and
heard it on no other signals.  Maybe the operator or owner (whoever
provided that particular transceiver) will see it here and check it out.

73, John, K4BAI/8P9HT.