[CQ-Contest] 10m contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 10m contest
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Tue Dec 14 18:16:09 1999
leads to a related one of mine:

>If I hear a signal that sounds like cr*p, should I inform its owner?

I don't know about anyone else, but for me: Yes! Please!

It seems to me that if one's signal sounds like crap, it's likely that people
may well be passing that person by rather than working him.  If he gets enough
people telling him he has a bad signal, maybe, just maybe, he'll do something
about it.

But, if only a couple of people out of many say anything, he's more likely to
blow it off and attribute it to the reporters' receivers.

I think it's still in the FCC rules that (stateside/possessions) signals not be
generating harmonics, spurious emissions, etc.  You ARE doing the right thing
by telling him.

By all means, say something.

73,
dale, kg5u