[CQ-Contest] Working Dupes

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Working Dupes
From: mgilmer@gnlp.com (Gilmer, Mike)
Date: Tue Dec 14 16:40:20 1999
On Tuesday, December 14, 1999 4:18 PM, Bill Coleman AA4LR
[SMTP:aa4lr@radio.org] wrote:
I can't conceive of a series of events where anyone would get credited
for two QSOs in any of these scenarios.

> On 12/14/99 15:43, Gilmer, Mike at mgilmer@gnlp.com wrote:
>
> >Last time I heard, only callsigns are checked.  A big list (like a dupe
> >sheet) of all calls worked (by band)is made and then compared.  No
attempt
> >is made to check the times of the contacts.
>
> This varies by contest.

Surely.  I should have stated "in some contests" and "at one time".  There
are (were?) cases where this is true.  I was trying to give an example of
how one could work the same guy twice and get two QSOs for the effort.

Most log checking software is much more
> sophisticated than you describe, although the final adjudication is still
> performed by humans.

I hope so, but either way, if you bust the call, and it is determined to be
a unique (perhaps HG1H won't be considered a keep-able unique, my apologies)
then you could conceivably work the same guy twice AND get two QSOs for it.

73
Mike
N2MG