[CQ-Contest] re: 10 Meter Contest Rule Violations

Subject: [CQ-Contest] re: 10 Meter Contest Rule Violations
From: k0hb@arrl.org (Hans - K0HB)
Date: Thu Dec 16 15:30:03 1999
Peter Stafford wrote:

> But the rules state that "the frequencies from 28.3 to 28.35 Mhz are
> designated as a non-contest window".  To me that says you can't answer
> anyone there either!
>
> Pete, C6A/K2PS

Pete,

You're right of course, but the jail-house lawyers have taken the
second sentence of that rule ("Stations may not call CQ contest
in this window.") to mean that "non-contest" just means you can't
call 'CQ Contest', but it's OK to answer somebody who does!  Rather
than tighten the rule, the contest desk has caved in and agreed
that "contacts there are OK as long as you don't inhale.... er, I
mean as long as you don't call CQ Contest."

73, Hans, K0HB