[CQ-Contest] Re: IC756 PRO and other contesting rigs

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: IC756 PRO and other contesting rigs
From: jbattin@email.msn.com (John Battin)
Date: Fri Mar 10 11:13:17 2000
The w8ji noise blanker makes a lot of difference when the difference between
the interfering signals is narrow..like 50 to 200 hz..With some offsets it
can make a 30db difference.  I have measured a lot of 1000's and they will
compare favorably with any other radio. The problem with the new dsp radios
like the 870, Kachina, and probably the 756 pro will not show-up on ssb, but
on cw. On CW they  compare poorly because the  better radios have narrow
filters in both the low and high IF. On SSB the DSP radios have some crystal
selectivity that begins to cut in and besides that the problem on SSB is the
bandwidth of the transmitted signals and not the reciever.     John K9DX