[CQ-Contest] New SS Category Proposal

Subject: [CQ-Contest] New SS Category Proposal
From: hwardsil@WOLFENET.com (Ward Silver)
Date: Sun Mar 12 21:05:16 2000
> >  The Proposal:   To create a new Sunday 8 hour Sprint category to be
> >  added to both the CW and SSB Editions of the 2000 Sweepstakes. The
> >  entrant in this category would select any continuous 8 hour period
> >  between 1700 UTC and 0300 UTC Monday to operate in.

Well, the BEST thing that could happen would be to convince the NFL to
give every team a "bye" week on the 1st and 3rd weekends of November.
It's pretty clear when kickoff on the 1PM East Coast games occurs.

The up side is that guys would focus on Sunday for limited operating time.
The down side is that guys would focus on Sunday for limited operating
time.

I understand that the idea is to pull folks would otherwise NOT operate AT
ALL into the contest.  If it pulled people off of Saturday to operate
Sunday, it would be counter-productive.

All in all, I lean towards it being beneficial and it's worth a try.
However, after a couple years, it should be re-assessed to see if it's
helping or hurting.

73, Ward N0AX