[CQ-Contest] ARRL Logs

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Logs
From: W2CE@aol.com (W2CE@aol.com)
Date: Thu Mar 16 08:22:24 2000
In a message dated 3/16/00 12:15:10 AM Eastern Standard Time, nh7a@arrl.net
writes:

>  All that said, when I called yesterday to the League, they could not find
my
>  log. Now Bill says it was always there. Confusing?
>  Al, NH7A

The idea of forwarding to CA was to avoid loses. That was my first thought
about reports of logs failing to arrive. Was a check of the second repository
made ?

I have been lucky so far, but I make sure that as I close a contest the file
is sent to ARRL within a few minutes, then transferred into the word
processor where is is sent in an e-mail as text, attached as a text file, and
FAX'd to ARRL.

I always felt most confident in the FAX but always got e-mail confirmations
from Billy in short order.

I am not sure that mail is being opened at ARRL as fast as it had been. I
have heard several complaints of lost items in both contesting and DX areas
that are merely not opened yet. Unfortunately some are an embarrassing 3
months old.

  73, Bob Reed W2CE

  W2CE@aol.com    W2CE@juno.com    W2CE@arrl.net