[CQ-Contest] Band reject filters

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Band reject filters
From: redpines@cybrzn.com (Tom Hellem)
Date: Tue Mar 21 16:42:11 2000
Hi folks:

Wonder if anyone out there uses 1/4 coax stubs as band-reject filters =
for contesting, and if so, how effective are they? Are they broadbanded =
enough to filter out rf across a whole band such as 3.5-3.9 mhz?

Or, alternatively, has anyone used home-made single or multi-band =
filters that work well? Would appreciate a reference to where I could =
find the design/construction info. We are trying to avoid the high $ =
associated with the Dunestar and ICE filters.

73 and thanks.

Tom K0SN
Porterfield, WI