[CQ-Contest] "LAST 2" - Personal Experiences

Subject: [CQ-Contest] "LAST 2" - Personal Experiences
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue Mar 28 11:30:54 2000
At 10:00 AM 3/28/2000 -0500, Mitchell, Tim (T.K.) wrote:

>The sample case given went as it should, in my opinion.  Here's why...
>
>You really only want the guy to give his call.  If he gives the exchange,
>you are now stuck with an extra xmit anyway.  I am assuming you are going to
>give your report and make sure he got it?  Either way you are out-of-sync.
>(If you get out of sync things get messy as someone tuning by thinks it's
>the other guys freq and not urs.  This is a very good way to lose your
>freq.)
>
>Personally I do the following...
>
>KE9NA:  CQ Contest from KE9NA
>Other:  Tango Foxtrot
>KE9NA:  Tango Foxtrot 59 1245 (might even say what's ur call)
>Other:  qsl Italy Bravo Zero Juliet Tango Foxtrot 59 350
>KE9NA:  qsl qrz
>etc...
>
>I do not subscribe to the have to have the entire call before you give the
>report philosophy.  I do make sure I have it before I let them go (I qsl/TU)
>otherwise they get ctrl-K'd (removed from the log).

With respect, I think this is equally bad practice, but in another sense.
KE9NA's last transmission (above) should have been "IB0JTF (or phonetics)
QSL QRZ".  Otherwise the IBO never does know for sure that you got his call
right.

73,  Pete N4ZR

Don't forget to update your entry in the World Contest Station Database
http://206.102.70.3/search.htm