[CQ-Contest] "LAST 2" - Personal Experiences

Subject: [CQ-Contest] "LAST 2" - Personal Experiences
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed Mar 29 23:17:08 2000
on 3/29/00 1:31 PM, Bill Coleman AA4LR at aa4lr@radio.org wrote:

>> Always giving your call after every CQ isn't always necessary, IMHO.
>
> Yes, here are cases where giving your call after every Q isn't necessary.
>
> HOWEVER, there are FAR TOO MANY stations who work QSO after QSO without
> giving their callsign, going for minutes at a time. If you are doing
> mostly S & P, it is a big time-waster.

I'll agree with that one, completely, Bill.  I would try to give my call
every other or every third QSO.  Sometimes folks would ask.  I would then
give it in my exchange to the station I was currently working at the time.

The most annoying thing in a contest is the big, rare DX guy who works the
pileup for 20 minutes without an ID.  Of course, that's the great thing
about contests and WPX in general: His prefix is no more of a point
multiplier than another unique prefix from Germany, Russia or Spain, etc.
He's no more valuable than anyone else.  That's why I didn't even waste my
time looking for TX0DX or most of the other ones.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden