[CQ-Contest] When and why did rules change?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] When and why did rules change?
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed May 3 14:54:00 2000
As far as I know the rules have always stated this:

That in the Tri-bander/Single/Wire element class you must only have the
following:

1.) A single tri-bander with a single feedline for 10,15 and 20 meters
2.) Single element OR wire antennas for 160, 80 and 40

A signle element antenna is a vertical, rotatable dipole, or whatever.  It
can only be one radiating element regardless of whether it's made of
aluminum pipe or wire.  It can't be an array, etc.

The rules have never said anything about antenna height AFAIK.  Why should
that be a factor?

Rules seem fine to me.

73,

Jon