[CQ-Contest] Whats happened to DE ???

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Whats happened to DE ???
From: n2mg@contesting.com (Mike Gilmer - N2MG)
Date: Sun Feb 25 18:09:31 2001
 > At 03:22 PM 2/25/01 -0500, Tom Rauch wrote:
 >  >
 >  >Often I just listen in contests. Hearing both ends, it is very plain
 >  >QSK is not always the issue. Quite often the other person doesn't
 >  >even wait for the first person to finish!!

In my current (lack of) antenna situation I find that I absolutely must be
the first signal heard to catch the ear of the station calling CQ (assuming
multiple callers).  I cannot be slow on the response and simply overpower
anyone else.  So I find myself poised to send my call and sometimes the
other station ends his exchange in an unexpected way (a "K" or an extra
"TEST" or similar) and I get tricked.  Usually, I can hear it just as it
comes out and I stop, wait and restart.  Sometimes, I'm sure, I "miss".

73 Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com