[CQ-Contest] Re: Single op NOT assisted

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Single op NOT assisted
From: w9wi@w9wi.com (Doug Smith W9WI)
Date: Fri Mar 2 00:31:13 2001
 > From: "Randy Thompson, K5ZD" <k5zd@ma.ultranet.com>
 > Help me draw the line here.

It won't be an easy line to draw: "As my probability professor put it the
other night, there are an infinite number of numbers between true and
false."

Let me suggest a standard for discussion: "Single operators are not allowed
to use outside assistance during or after the contest in determining the
identities of stations, their exchanges, or the frequencies on which they're
operating."

I think that would meet the intent of the majority of participants.  Or not?

Personally, I do not have a moral problem with single-ops obtaining generic
information - like propagation conditions or weather - from outside sources.
I would define a "spot" as information about the operation of a specific
station during the contest period.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66