[CQ-Contest] Re: Single op NOT assisted

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Single op NOT assisted
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Mon Mar 5 19:22:54 2001

 > On Fri, 02 March 2001, "Dale L Martin" wrote:
 >  > How about changing it to
 >  >
 >  > "Single operators are not allowed to ACCEPT OR
 >  > SOLICIT assistance during or
 >  > after the the contest in determining the identities
 >  > of stations, their
 >  > exchanges, or the frequencies on which they are
 >  > operating."
 >
 > What happens if you overhear a single-op passing a mult to another
 > band?  What happens if some do-gooder tells you that JT1 is just
 > up the band?
 >
 > -Mike N2MG

Hi, Mike.

If I hear someone moving a mult and I need that mult on the band they are
going to, I'll try to grab him after the guy works him.

It's not soliciting or accepting assistance.

It's something I found while I was operating in the contest.

It's no different than coming on to a pile up and finding it's a needed Qso
or mult and working him.

If a 'do-gooder' comes along and tells me the JT1 is up the band a bit, I'll
thank him and continue what I was doing and not let his info influence my
activity.

If it happens that I was S&P'ing my way up the band and I do run across the
JT1, I'll try to work him.

If I'm going the other way, I'll keep going.

If he's there the next time I make a pass across the band, fine.  If not,
too bad.  I don't go out of my way to find the guy.  In my case, a JT1 mult
is just as important as a KP4 mult if I don't have either.

73,
dale, kg5u