[CQ-Contest] Clicks (long)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Clicks (long)
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher W4AN)
Date: Thu Mar 8 16:55:01 2001

There were several in the list (if you look again) that did not have
amplifiers.  The receiving station said he also used attenuation.  It was
not his assertion that the clicks went away at lower signal levels, that
was mine.  I should have made that more clear.

There seems to be a bias towards blaming the receiving station whenever
there are problems.  That the transmitter could never be the problem.
"My radio is brand new, it could not be causing problems".  People who are
quick to blame the receiver are giving a not well thought out knee-jerk
reaction a problem that might very well exist.

I prefer to find out the truth than to find ways to shift the blame.

73

Bill