[CQ-Contest] Re: Topband: FT-1000(D) click mod

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Topband: FT-1000(D) click mod
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri Mar 9 19:26:18 2001
 > Connect the collector of a 2N3904 to the flying
 > harness lead, and the emitter towards the jack.
 > Connect a 1.5 k resistor to the base, and a 10
 > uF 25 capacitor to ground.

I forgot to say the resistor goes between the collector and the base
of the transistor.

The transistor turns on slowly because the 10uF capacitor charges
through the 1.5k resistor. The stage turns off slowly because the
capacitor discharges through the base to the emitter.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com