[CQ-Contest] Kenwood repair

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Kenwood repair
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Fri May 4 21:22:50 2001

 > Even though I had heard horror stories about Kenwood,

That's the problem with "horror stories:"  They are only one half of the
'story' and the most vociferous half, to boot.

I've sent three radios to Kenwood for service over the years.  Nary a
'horror story' in the bunch.

Same for Yaesu (even did a repair and filter installation for free, even
though the radio was second-hand).

And I certainly can't say enough positive things about Ten-Tec service.
They are head and shoulders above the rest.

So, take the 'horror stories' for what's they are worth, but always look to
see if there are 'non-horror stories,' too.

Ya gotta keep those radios working for the contests.

73,
dale, kg5u