[CQ-Contest] Re: Contest QSLing

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Contest QSLing
From: spa@tri.net (spa)
Date: Fri May 11 21:27:42 2001
A bit more utopian, I know the league is a bit strapped for cash, but it
can't cost
too much for each contest scorer who already has all of the entries in Cabrillo
format to send a composite of logs to a central computer where they are
archived in
some search friendly format. Of course that means adding 10-10, IOTA,
Counties.....info to the cover sheet for each entry.  Your request for an
award would
just consist of a call and the appropriate contest for each station.  The
rare DX
contester is already there whether he wants to or not if he worked someone.

And the same might hold for the DXpedetions.

I like cards, but unfortunately have a big stack just arrived thru the
buro, some
from 1998, that I'm working through for replies.  Poor guy wanting my
county gets it
if he lives long enough.  I pity the 3,000 per contest DX station.

And I vividly remember the auction of W0CYs estate. A whole file of cards
from the
late 40s and 50s.  Bought for the file cabinet.  Couldn't wrangle the cards
as the
guy wanted to check the stamps for value.  Rest went into the trash I
suppose.   I
enjoy getting mine, but with post cards going up another penny soon, gets
pretty
expensive.   eQSL is a bit like kissing your sister anyway.  Guess if the
purpose is
certificates, a big computer database is the way to go and much cheaper
than stamps.

N0UU