[CQ-Contest] Speedy CWers

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Speedy CWers
From: fk@diolog.de (Fabian Kurz)
Date: Fri May 18 12:49:39 2001
CYBERGURUES wrote:

> Hi:
> A couple weeks ago some guys were "horrified" by the 110 Qs/10 mins,
> achieved by the top entrants in the single caller class of the BCC Pile up
> competition. Now the top three surpassed the 115, and 2 of them W2UP and
> DJ1YFK are reaching the 120 Qs/10 mins!
> There is a limit for sure, but: Are they near the limit? Who knows, only
> time will tell.

There is certainly a limit, but i don't know where it might be ... I
guess at ca. 150 QSO ... but one thing is for sure: the score and
QSO-increasement gets slower and slower with the time... My best result
for the first 5 minutes was something like 70 QSO's ... due to a lack of
concentration in the following 5 minutes, i cannot reach so much there..
something to improve ....

> I really hope some more of you join the competition, it is a great incentive
> to keep our CW skills high.
>
> Maybe a Club competition would be interesting too! Just like in the CQ WW DX
> contests.

hehe, good idea ;)

> 73
> LW9EUJ