[CQ-Contest] MP clicks

Subject: [CQ-Contest] MP clicks
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Tue May 29 12:35:08 2001

 > Apart from frequency distance, we can always slow down the CW speed but
 > the opposite is often the case with PC contest code generation...
 >
 > 73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU

Slowing the CW does not reduce the bandwidth in typical
operation. Changing CW speed can change the spacing of
sidebands and the number of clicks per second, but not the overall
bandwidth of transmitter clicks.

Bandwidth is a function of waveshape and other issues (like a
stable VCO frequency). Bandwidth (related to rise and fall times)
can limit the maximum speed.

The 1995 Handbook, in section 12.12, goes into this in some detail
on this. Look at the rise and fall times and maximum CW speed. I
use about 7 mS in my rigs. What do you think you need?
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com