[CQ-Contest] Field Day thought ...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Field Day thought ...
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (Ron D. Rossi)
Date: Wed Jun 27 13:04:56 2001
Folks,

The newbie freebie station idea sounds fine. We work with a similar attitude
at W1MOO. However I find it nearly impossible to teach someone to run or work
S&P properly WHILE trying to operate.

What we do is to use our public information tent to hold 'classes'. I have a
speaker fed with audio from the 20m radio. The op is running with headphones
and the monitor on. This way both sides of the QSO are heard. I sit down with
a couple 'newbies' and we critique the operating style. I also have compiled
and printed some of the gems culled from this reflector regarding how to work
a pileup and why 'the last two' are not the best idea. This is a great
environment for this, because we can freely discuss what is going on 1)
without disturbing the operator 2) without disturbing the run!

I can post the pdf files to my web site if anyone is interested in them.

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron (kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont