[CQ-Contest] My earlier FD proposal

Subject: [CQ-Contest] My earlier FD proposal
From: frenaye@pcnet.com (Tom Frenaye)
Date: Wed Jun 27 14:20:44 2001
At 11:38 AM 6/27/2001 -0500, Tom Hammond NØSS wrote:
>Here's a copy of the FD proposal I sent (9 Jan 2001) to K5UR, who, I think. is
>the Chm. of the Membership Services Committee, the committee which decides FD
>rules, etc. Maybe it'll help add to the discussion.
>
>I might add that a nice response was received from K0BJ, but nothing fro
>either of the other two addressees. And I've heard nothing about whether the
>proposal have even been looked at by HQ staff.

The ARRL Board's Membership Services Committee has had this item on the agenda
to work on this year (continued from last year).  As Wayne/N7NG, mentioned in a
message on cq-contest last week, the discussions about the "free" station in
Field Day have not finished.   We have received a number of good suggestions -
some from a year ago and some much more recent.   We have some general ideas of
what we want to do, now we have to get more specific...

We're happy to receive additional input but in the end if we can't describe it
in the FD rules in a few sentences it's too complicated. (my opinion)

The chairman of the MSC this year is Frank Fallon/N2FF.  Other members (besides
me) are Rick Roderick/K5UR, Greg Milnes/W7OZ, Dick Isely/W9GIG, Bob
Vallio/W6RGG and John Kanode/N4MM.   Wayne Mills/N7NG is the HQ liaison and
manages the Membership Services Department in Newington.   All can be reached
via e-mail at (their callsign)@arrl.org.

                        -- Tom

=====
e-mail: k1ki@arrl.org   ARRL New England Division Director  http://www.arrl.org/
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box J, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444