[CQ-Contest] Best QSOs per Hour on SSB and CW

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Best QSOs per Hour on SSB and CW
From: AA4NC@aol.com (AA4NC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jun 29 13:25:01 2001
That's a good observation. I am still of the opinion that for most of us mere
mortals, faster rates can be obtained logging on paper. The reason for this
is that you can efficiently log partial calls from a pileup, then fill them
in later. I remember "back in the day" it was not unusual to have 3-5 partial
calls in the callsign fields waiting to be filled in. It is more efficient
than having to complete the entire QSO like we must do with computer logging.
Would I want to go back to that and have to deal with weeks of duping/fooling
with paper logs? - NO! (I hear that N6KT is still doing it this way
however)...

I just pulled out an old dusty pile of logsheets for one of my VP2E ARRL DX
operations (1990). There are 10,455 (unduped) QSOs in the log. That's
218/hour average for 48 hours (using 1 radio). I don't think we have done
anywhere near that since we started carrying our laptops to the Caribbean...

73,

Will