[CQ-Contest] ROTTEN OPERATING

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ROTTEN OPERATING
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Thu Jan 3 23:01:12 2002

It always seemed to me the thing with 13 wpm was that the characters were
the same length/speed as about 10 wpm, but the character spacing was
reduced to make the speed faster.  When 15 wpm was sent, the characters
were sped up and the character spacing returned to normal.  Because of
this, I always managed to copy 15 wpm better than 13 wpm!

This brings back memories.  When I was working on getting my speed up to
pass the General at 13 wpm (1968) and later the Extra at 20 wpm (1971), I
copied a lot of CW from the commercial stations - NSS, NAA, WOO etc.  I
guess those days are gone for good.   :-(

73, Zack W9SZ