[CQ-Contest] US/VE Hams: QST - Do we have a say in it?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] US/VE Hams: QST - Do we have a say in it?
From: rpechie@snet.net (Dick Pechie - KB1H)
Date: Wed Jan 9 10:13:37 2002
I hope this idea was floated only to confirm that it would be a mistake.
Sometimes decision makers need to be reaffirmed that an option would be a poor
choice.

I believe most Section Managers would welcome an increase in available space in
QST not an elimination.

I know that the internet has provided a valuable resource for most DXers and
contesters but let's also face the fact that it is the internet that has kept
our hobby from attracting younger new amateurs. I don't think it is a bad thing
to keep some features isolated and/or included in a journal where one is exposed
to all the varied aspects of amateur radio.

Finally, it's not easy surfing the web on a plane or taking your laptop into the
"office". Reading a magazine is.

Dick - KB1H

The only positive I can see out of this is my yearly membership/subscription
costs would be reduced to the NCJ, CQ, and local club dues.