[CQ-Contest] Not Another Contest Category

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Not Another Contest Category
From: w7zr@citlink.net (Richard Zalewski)
Date: Tue Jan 22 11:14:10 2002
Yes, I think it is time for another category.  When you look at the classes
now in most of the contests they tend to level the playing field without
going ridiculous.

Now think about the ability of SOME stations being able to alternately work
two bands versus the others limited to one band at a time.  There is a HUGE
difference in the potential of these two stations.  Then why if we separate
based on power, and number of transmitters in a multi class, and have power
in 3 classes should we not HAVE A SEPARATE CLASS FOR SO2R?

I take nothing away from those ops who can do the SO2R.  I think that being
able to do that requires a certain skill along with a different class of
equipment.  And equipment is the factor here.  We class on equipment
power....we class on number of transmitters in a multi....then why not HAVE
A SEPARATE CLASS FOR SO2R?

Dick W7ZR

Vacation or Retire Here
It's Paradise on the Beach